Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

How can I continue my treatment for Cymbalta as I am unable to get prescription for the same ?

I recently moved to New Mexico from California and have not been able to reach my physician in California to obtain a refill Rx for Cymbalta. Both my pharmacy and I have left him numerous messages. I have not been able to establish myself with a physician here yet due to snafu s related to insurance, but I do have an appointment scheduled for April. The problem is, I am going through major Cymbalta withdrawl and can t get a prescription! I have taken this medication for many years. My medical group does have an urgent care clinic , but I was already told by phone that they would NOT give me a Rx for Cymbalta as that must be ordered by whatever doctor I establish myself with, but again, that is not until April. What about continuity of care issues? What the heck can I do? Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic, "Cymbalta" is a "S" category medicine in most countries of the world, i.e. it can only be sold by a real Pharmacist upon production
of Really real Prescription and the ins and out have to be submitted to FDA on daily basis, hence until you have proper prescription no one will sell you, i am sorry, but this is as things stand currently my advise would be to go get a proper prescription.

Answered: Mon, 17 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor