Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
153 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can I confirm that I have celiac disease?

if I had a tissue transglutaminase iga interpretation test done and it came back 13.0 u/ml. does that mean I am celiac disease? Im confused, I went in looking into why im anemic and they came back telling me I have celiac desease. I have always eaten anything and never gotten sick and now they think this?
Mon, 15 Jul 2019
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response

* The report is indicative of positive test results for antibodies against specific molecules for gut issues in terms of tissue enzymes sensitivity.
* Chronic anemia and associated GI discomforts are quite a common presentation in clinical issues and it is autoimmune-mediated processes, which has nothing to do with the current habit of food, but require precautions once the diagnosis has been confirmed.
* Best of the monoclonal antibodies are available for such issues and discuss the same when you visit next time with your consultant.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Albana Sejdini's  Response

Celiac disease is an auto-immune disease characterized by an inappropriate immune response to gluten, wheat protein.
Anemia is one of the symptoms apart gastrointestinal symptoms.

Now, to confirm, we do ask some immune tests apart TTG IGA, including Total IGA, TTG IGG, DGP IGA, DGP IGG.

If you have also run these tests, please send the reports to me for further evaluation.

Plus, need to know if you run any other test like endoscopy or dye examination of bowels? If yes, please send the results to me for a full analysis of your case.

The only thing I can tell is to keep regular follow-ups with your gastroenterologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Albana Sejdini, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

ok so i am 12 years old and today my mom told me that my doctor called saying that i had celiac desiease and i really don t think i have that...