Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

How can HB level be increased ?

my hb level is 8.4 and i am56 yrs old, pls suggest to increase hb level my HB level is 8.4 and i am 56 yr old i donot have any diab etc pls suggest how to increase hb level, regards. das
Asked On : Mon, 28 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  505
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi,welcome to health care magic family,
your hemoglobin

is definitely at law level,this level of haemoglobin shows that your diet is deficient of iron contents,so take more nourishing diet,which contain more iron,you take green vegetables,spinach,carrot,date,gourd, etc
at this age we should think some other causes of chronic blood loss from the body like bleeding piles,worm infestation,if these are there you may contact your doctor

ach,gajar,gud,khajur etc
Answered: Mon, 28 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hello there..
welcome to healthcare magic forum..
Hb can be increased by taking iron sulfate tablets if it is due to iron deficiency anemia..You can also consume foods rich in iron such as lean red meats, including beef, pork, lamb, seafood, such as oysters, clams, tuna, salmon, and shrimp, etc. beans, including kidney, lima, navy, black, pinto, soy beans, and lentils, iron fortified whole grains, including cereals, breads, rice, and pasta , greens, including collard greens, kale, mustard greens, spinach, and turnip greens , tofu , vegetables, including broccoli, swiss chard, asparagus, parsley, watercress, brussel sprouts ,chicken and turkey,nuts,egg yolks ,dried fruits, such as raisins, prunes, dates and apricots
Hope this helps.
Take care..
Answered: Mon, 28 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor