Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can tingling sensation in the rib cage be treated?

My question is not unique as I read others--I am having a fluttering or twitching under my right rib and sometimes it moves under the breast but mostly under the rib--over the past two weeks, some nausea and some stomach issues. In addition, my right lower side hurts at times. Could it be a reaction to working out--a pulled muscle? The symptoms have existed for about a month.
Wed, 21 Nov 2018
Report Abuse
Dentist 's  Response

The reason can be either the chronic muscle spasm or may be due to the underlying organ related like the liver.

As you said there are twitching or involuntary muscle movements the muscle-related issues looks more reliable.

The pain may be due to spasm so do the tenderness. You need to to take muscle relaxants but only after the consultation with an orthopedic doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray,
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

HELLO My father has been admitted to hospital after collapsing at home. His legs appear to have given out. He has been experiencing tingling...