Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
179 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How can severe dementia be treated?

what speciality of doctor would see a patient for possible dementia? I am wondering about my husband. We have seen his PCP, who is very kind, but not ready to call it dementia. I know I need to talk to him again, but wonder if a neurologist might be one to see on down the line. (or is there another speciality?) I just want to be prepared before talking to the PCP.
Mon, 24 Apr 2017
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello There !
Thank you for asking HealthCareMagic.
I have gone through Your question and I understand.
Yes you could see a neurologist or psychiatrist for a second opinion.

Take Care!
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD Mom is 90 years of age. She is at a Nursing home. She entered that facility on Jan 4, 2016. Since then she has been diagnosed with...