Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

How are white spots in vision treated ?

My daughter(age 10) just mentioned she cannot see for a couple of seconds because of some white spots in her vision . I asked her further questions and she says she gets some pain in back of head towards the neck and the white spots are bright. It happens frequently like almost every day. She wears glasses for near signtedness (+1) and astigmatism(1.25). Her eye pressure is also borderline high despite adjusting it to corneal thickness (21-22). Both pain and white spots incident occur together and lasts only a couple of seconds. It sounds very scary. Should I rush her to an ophthalmologist or general practitioner? Or is it normal?
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  124
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Hi Madam, its better to show her to an Ophthalmologist. Please answer a few more questions
1. Since when she is having headache?
2. Does she gets headache on 1 side of head with associated nausea or vomiting?
3. Is there any family history of plus power glasses( hypermetropia) with or without glaucoma in her parents family?
4. Amaurosis fugax is a condition in which vision gets blurred for a few seconds & later recovers.
5. Is she very obese or overweight?
6. If the condition persists, its better to get investigated. Pleases do hemogram, Ophthalmic & ENT examination
Answered: Tue, 1 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor