Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

How are irregular periods treated ? having irregular periods past many years am having this problem.. before also i have consulted gynaecologist and done my ultrasound also..still its of no use..there is no problem in that.. but at the moment dr suggest me some medicine then 2 mnths max it ll be fine and again same problem... please find me a solution
Asked On : Sat, 28 Apr 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  209
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
you didn't mentioned,
what is your age,
what was your ultrasound report,
what medicines doctor prescribed to you,
what is your height and weight, is there any recent weight gain?,
any associated medical disorders you are having?
One possibility is presence of PCOD(poly cystic ovarian disease). Which is characterized by irregular periods, anovulation, hyperinsulinaemia
Your doctor might have prescribed you insulin sensitizers like metformin for regularization of your periods.
Once you have started the medicine you have to take it until your problem gets solved and your doctor says to stop.
Another possibility is presence of any thyroid abnormality, may be for that your doctor prescribed you medicines.
These also should not be stopped until normal levels of hormones attained.
So, better you visit your doctor again and take complete treatment.
take care.
Answered: Sat, 28 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Roshni Agarwal's  Response
hello madam,

thank you for consulting us,

madam you have not mentioned your ultrasound finding, neither you have mentioned what medicines you had taken previously or what medicines you have been prescribed now for two months.

Difficult to answer your question with very least information available.

madam according to me you need a complete work up, a complete hormonal profile and ovulation study , so that we can reach to a conclusion of what you are suffering from..

your symptoms are more towards Polycystic ovarian syndrome, but it can be certified only after u get your work up done.
take care of your self..

Answered: Sat, 28 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor