Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

How are cysts in the ovaries treated ?

hey my name is april live in Atlanta ,GA im 24 years old i found out i have an cyst(sac) over my ovarls i had it about 2 years i dont have any healthcare how could i go by helping myself the pain is getting out of hand help me please!
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Urologist 's  Response
I think you should get an ultrasound scan of abdomen done...there are problems like torsion of the cyst...where the cyst gets twisted and blood supply to it gets cutoff...or else infection may occur in that...its important to get a scan done
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
As you have ovarian cyst since 2 years and now pain is severe,you have to investigate the problem by any means.there is no option.
Go for ultra sound.
If you go to to ER have you pay for it ?
Till you consult gynaec you can take anti spasmodic,analgesic tablet for pain.
ok and take care.
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor