Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

How are boils behind the head treated ?

Boil or a Node in the lower part of back head . hi!just wanna regarding my fiancee s boil or a node on his lower part of his back head. i can t distinguish if it s a boil or a node. what is it? and what s the best remedy for that?please answer. thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  291
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
If it is red, painful t touch and tense appearance it's possible it's a boil. If it is painless, it is mostly a subcutaneous swelling like fat, fibrous tissue. It can be a lymph node if situated in the hairy region on the back of head. Better to show to a Surgeon to find out what it is and if necessary surgery may be advised to remove it.
Answered: Thu, 7 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor