Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

How I can stop being possessive ?

Please suggest me how I can stop being possessive and stop thinking of a particular person. This is affecting me very much and I am not able to concentrate on my work. Please help
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jan 2010
Answers:  9 Views:  391
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1. stop being possessive over what?? in a relationship or over friends???
2. sort it out before it ruins a good relationship.
3. any sense of Insecurity, unloving background or Psychological trauma?
4. either you don't respect/trust your partner or yourself?
5. Relationships are not meant to be co dependent, give the person his time and space, and if you are trying to control his life according to your preferences, than you are disrespecting that person, try to solve this internal issue (if present)
6. Consider a Psychiatric Counselling to see whether you are actually ready for a relationship or not.
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Packriswamy Sambangi's  Response
When we love someone truly, madly, we are ought to become possessive about them. It is a human trait which we have inherited from Darvinian Apes. And mind you, it is not a crime nor is it something to be ashamed of, if you are possessive for your partner.
To stop this , Deep breathing and meditation are some of the other alternatives helping you achive superior level of mental focus, thereby helping you out of possessiveness.
Hypnosis leading to self control can also help you see reason and not to be overtly possessive about near and dear.
Psychological counselling can also help you.
Answered: Wed, 3 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Shruti Mittal(PT)Neurology's  Response
i would suggest you to go for meditation on daily basis....and apart from this most importantly indulge yourself into something that interests you the most.....get to meet more and more people.....indulge yourself in physical activities, yoga and become multi-tasking....once you will be busy u'll nvr be distracted by any such disturbing thoughts..

take care :)
Answered: Tue, 28 Dec 2010
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Manish Rijhwani's  Response
Try to come out of your thoughts
Tab.Stressan (Sandu) 2 tabs at night
Tab. Cardimap (Maharshi Ayurveda) 1 tab at night
Syr. Ashwagandharishta 2tsf thrice a day

Dr. Manish R. Rijhwani
Answered: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response

This could be initial phases of obsessive disorder. You can consult a Psychiatrist and get suitable help.

Answered: Mon, 11 Jan 2010
  User's Response
Hi.. Most of the emotional and psychological problems though we know what the treatment is cannot be treated by reading and following instructions.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

If you really want to get over this problems than it is better to take professional help from counselling.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

It really helps. There are lot of people who have turned into a better individual following this therapy. To be truthful i have also undergone through conselling.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
  User's Response

I can only tell you it is the best.
Answered: Mon, 18 Jan 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor