Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

How Anemia is diagnosed ?

I have anemia . I am 57 yrs old, 5.315 ft, 103.6 pounds. HGB 11.5g/dl, RBC 4.32 M/uL, HCT 35.6%, RDW 15.4%. PLT normal 222 K/uL. I also had hepathitis C, discovered 7 yrs ago. I only take FORTEC to reduce liver enzymes. I feel weak, sometimes tired, light head, no diziness, no chest pain , normal heartbeat (69 /mn). Please advise medication ( brand names ) to cure my anemia. Thank you very much.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  148
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Ricky,thanks for query.It is difficult to give brand names as it varies widely with country.You need any iron preparation available.Make sure you take it for 3 months to complete the course.Take more of vegetables and fruits,green vegetables are better.Try to reduce weight also as it could be one of the reasons for tiredness.bye.
Answered: Wed, 1 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor