How 2 check ur pulse?

i have a heart condition, but i dont know how to count my pulse. i need 2 know how. thanks
Thu, 8 Sep 2011
put your hand on your left breast (where your heart is)..then count the beats...you can count for a whole minute....or just count for 30 seconds and multiply the number times 2...or count for 15 seconds and multiply the number times 4....either way..you'll get your pulse
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
since you are heart pt you should learn to know counting your heart beat and pulse
rate both because they can be different in condition like atrial fibrilation both could
be different. For counting heart rate you have to feel your heart beat on lt side
of chest and calculate the beat per minute that will be your heart rate.For counting
the pulse you have to feel pulse on outer side of wrist and count it for minte it
will be your pulse rate. Thanks