Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Horizontal divot in right leg above knee, tender, painful. Taken Ibuprofen, muscle relaxer. No relief. Treatment?

It feels like I have a horizontal divot in my right leg about an inch above my knee ... It s very tender, but not bruised or discolored... The whole right knee to thight have been hurting for two days now... IBProfen isn t helping much and neither are the muscle relaxers the doctor s prescribed me... The pain came on very suddenly while at work (I m a server at a resteraunt).
Asked On : Mon, 13 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  354
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The symptoms you have are likely to be due to a muscle spasm. You need to give adequate rest to your leg and avoid weight bearing. Continue with the medicines you are taking. The symptoms will improve in 4-6 days.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 14 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor