Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Home remedy for pigmentation around neck, armpits?

Hello Dr. Prasad, I was looking online to check for a home remedy or solution for dark pigmentation around my neck and armpits ( Acanthosis nigricans ) and slightly around my mouth. I had a baby on 1st Oct, but this pigmentation has been there even before pregnancy. I m also overweight , for a frame of 5 3 I m 103kg. Please guide me on how to lighten this pigmentation. Many Thanks. Sharon
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  425
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi Sharon,
You need to cut down your weight because the acanthosis responds to that. Also, take adequate sea fish and fish oils because these have been shown to improve the condition. A combination of tretinoin and hydroquinone with fluocinolone cream when applied over the affected areas also helps somewhat in managing this condition. Also, if you have diabetes then metformin might also help.
Answered: Fri, 7 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor