Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Hole in the nose since birth. Child born with the same deformity. What is it called?

I have had a small hole on my nose since birth. Every day i have to squezz it and i forgot what my mom said it was but they could of removed it when i was a child but my mom didnt want scaring around my face. Its still their after all these years and im 30. I still need to squezz it and now hair grows out of it and sometimes its a pain. When my daughter was born she had they same thing but hers is the hole at the nose and it runs to her ear base on both sides. I want to know what this is called and even though she has nothing comming out of it now and shes 8 will their be a chance if she will have problems with it like i have today. I have asked her pediatrition but she didnt see anything like it and says its fine but i just wanna make sure. Thank you so much!
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
These are developmental abnormalities , as the facial development before birth in mothers womb occurs after fusion of many small parts , if there is any abnormality then things like this like the sinus you have on the dorsum of nose develops.
If such abnormalities develop then for your daughter you must consult an ENT specialist and get her examined in details , as there can be other associated abnormalities in abdomen too.
For you the treatment for the sinus is surgery.Or otherwise take care as if it gets infected then the infection can go straight in brain and can cause serious problem
Answered: Sun, 14 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor