Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Hole in the ears of my daughter

Hi, I have a query. My daughter who is 7 months old have a problem in her ears. We found 1 hole on both her ears. We consulted ENT at bangalore and they said we need not worry till there is no discharge. But surprisingly I feel one more hole kind of thing is starting again. My daughter is otherwise very active. Kindly advice me.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jun 2010
Answers:  3 Views:  647
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
ENT Specialist 's  Response
It seems that your child may be having frequent cold or upper respiratory infections which are going unnoticed.So, consult your doctor to get a thorough examination.
Answered: Fri, 11 Jun 2010
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Does your daughter have a history of snoring and/or mouth breathing awhile sleeping? Get an X-ray Skull lateral view for Adenoids done. Also get X-ray Mastoids Schuller's view done for both ears. Have an Pure Tone Audiogram (PTA) done and post the results of the above tests and X-rays. Keep her ears dry, no swimming.
Answered: Sat, 12 Jun 2010
  User's Response
Just realized that her age is 7 months and not 7 years. PTA wont be possible. Avoid feeding her without her head elevated. The Eustachian tube which connects the ear and nose is shorter, broader and more horizontal in a child than in an adult. Therefore milk and fluids can enter the ear easily. Nasal infections also reach the ear quickly.
Answered: Sat, 12 Jun 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor