Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Hole in skull growing. Extreme pain and headache, affecting ears. Any medication for relief?

helo doctor almost a year ago I felt a hole in my skull that was never there it was about 1cm by 1cm I whent to a GP and was told it is normal and I left it but then it started growing and I was getting extreame headaches so I whent to another GP and he was shocked and the hole was now 1cm by 5cm two months later when I was sent for the firts x-rays there grew another one I was then send for blood tests but nothing showed, I was then refered to a neurologist and he send me for a RT brain scan but nothing showed. I went back to my GP being not satisfied he refered me to another neurologist who could also not help me. I was starting to feel better for the last 9 months after that but the last month it started again and I went to another GP she also did blood tests also nothing showed, today I had a bone scan done at nuclear medicene but they focused on the tissue and not the bone my problem now is that my whole skull is now full of holes and basicly colapsing I am 20 years old and can t take the pain anymore I can t lie down on my head for more than 10 minutes before the pain gets too much and it is now starting to affect my ears I feel totaly helpless and can t get any diagnosis for this can someone please help?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  191
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
this condition described by you looks very similar to that of multiple myeloma , other investigation revels, anemia, hypercalcemia, thrombocytopenia , X-ray skull show multiple lesion in skull, larger punched out holes, treatment includes chemotherapy. investigation of choice is electrophoresis which shows M spikes . I will advice to take the test to rule out if it is multiple myeloma or some else condition.
hope this helps.
Answered: Sat, 7 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor