Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Hole in ear drum, used raybiotic, painful. What can help naturally?

i am a female of 23 years.......last year i got hole in my left ear drum.......i used raybiotic as ear drops for 4 pains said to operate but some suggest not to operate n just give it time to naturally i stop using every medicine and also raybiotic ear from last 10 months i used in those days sometimes it pains,not severely,but pains.....plz suggest wat 2 do??????
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  181
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
you have a condition called csom which is associated with perforation (hole) in ear drum
if the hole is small then patient is given antibiotic ears drops for 6 months and we can wait to heal naturaly.. but beyond 6 months or big holes must be operated.. your condition is well over 6 months.. please do not wait to heal naturally because there are complications like cholesteatoma which will complicate things .. i would suggest you get your self operated
thank you
dr. mukesh
Answered: Thu, 27 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor