Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Hives on legs, done CBC test, painful, hot to touch, bruising

Three days ago I developed what looked like hives on my legs, one on my knee cap two on my shin and several more on the outside of my thighs. They were all about the size of a quarter to half dollar. I saw my doctor who prescribed over the counter antihistamine, which hasn t helped. He also ordered a CBC blood test . I called the lab and was told that there was nothing unusual from the blood test. The marks on my knee and shin are painful, (like a joint pain), hot to the touch and now are bruising. I am a thirty two year old female with no known allergies and am in overall good health. I am wondering if I should go to the ER or wait to be seen again by my doctor. Please advise.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
The condition can be papular urticaria or erythema nodosum.
A visit to dermatologist will allow proper assessment of severity of condition and allow prescription medicines.You can take tab.cetirizine once a day for itching.
Also you can apply soothing lotion like calamine lotion twice/thrice a day.
Hope this helps.
I will be available for any further clarification you need.
Answered: Sat, 31 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor