Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Hit underarm area due to bumping and fall, chest and back area sore, hurts to cough or sneeze. Anything I can do to feel better ?

I was officiating basketball and one of the players bumped me and i fell hard into the bottom bleacher hitting my underarm area.. It hurt a little due to me havinig a high tolerence to pain, so I officiated the rest of the game. That night, my side under my arm pit chest and back area are sore. it hurts to cough or sneeze but not to take deep breaths, I thought maybe i fractured or probably just bruised the area. What do you think. I didn t go to a doctor yet, because i don t think there is anything they can do for me.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for writing to us

The fact that your pain is occuring with movements and hurts to cough or sneeze indicates a muscle strain. Any strained muscle when stretched gives severe pain.
To get relief from the pain and for quick healing:
1. Do hot fomatation at the site.
2. Apply local anti-inflammatory gel 2-3 times a day.
3. Take anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce pain and local swelling or inflammation.
4. Do not lift weight or try to do exercise that involve painful muscles. Give proper time for the injury to heal.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
Answered: Wed, 28 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor