Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Hit pelvic area, stinging, tenderness, swollen, redness, bump. Should I see a doctor?

hi Dr, I am a 48 years old woman, in good health. I was learning how to ride a bike today and I fell on the handle of the bike, and it hit my right pelvic area close to the groin . It was so painful once I got hit, but then I was fine and I went on as normal with the day, feeling the stinginess and the tenderness. It swelled up and it is red, black and blue now, and I can feel a big bump on the whole area where it was hit, and I feel it when I walk and move and it is swollen and tender to the touch, however I think that my inside organs are fine as there is no other symptoms except the swelling and the tenderness on the surface. Should I see a doctor, and if not, what should I do to minimize the swelling and to get some relief, and how long it will be before it goes back to normal? thank you very much.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  475
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
It seems that you have suffered a soft tissue injury in the area. The swelling you have is likely to be a hematoma. It is likely to decrease with a cold compress and adequate rest. Avoid weight bearing and any exercise. It will be alright in 3-4 weeks.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sun, 2 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor