Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Hit on the calf, had lump and bruise with knot, have frequent incidents of Charlie horses in leg. Could this be a blood clot?

I ran into a table at work on my calf right next to the bone. I hit it really hard and remember thinking this is gonna leave a big bruise . Not only did it leave a bruise, but I have now noticed, five days later, that there is a lump inside the bruise that feels like a knot. I have been bruised a lot. I am clumsy and walk into things frequently trying to get there too fast. I moslt always have at least one bruise on my leg. But I ve never had one with a knot in it. Also, I woke several nights last week with Charlie horses in my leg. Is this a blodd clot. Should I go to the doctor. It is now over a week since it happened.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  307
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear friend, welcome to HCM!

You may be right in saying that it is a blood clot with a bruise around.
With your easy bruisability, you should get evaluated for any bleeding or clotting disorder.
A CBC, BT, PT, LFTs, PT, PTTK are the initial tests done for these after a physical examination.
bruises may occur without bleeding disorders due to fragile skin, blunt trauma, use of drugs like aspirin or anticoagulants.

Please consult your doctor about this.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress.
Good Luck!
I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily.
Thank you!
Answered: Wed, 12 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor