Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Hit on the bride of the nose, persistent sensitivity in nose, continuous headache. Cause of concern?

I went to get out of my car but realized that i forgot to grab something to i turned to the passenger seat to grab it and without looking i stood up and hit the bridge of my nose on the edge of my car door. That was 4 days ago and my nose is still very sensitive and i have had a headache non-stop for the last two. should i be concerned?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  259
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Oct 2013
hello dear
thanks for your query at HCM
nose and surrounding structures are very sensitive to injury.
there can be damage to cartilage or bone that might cause severe pain in that area.
it will take some time for pain to decerease.
if pain is not subsiding or increasing go for x ray nose for any fractures or deformity.
if there is defect in x ray then you can proceed with further investigation and management.
Answered: Sun, 20 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor