Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Hit on the back of head, immediately felt pain in ears, bump on the back of head, have continuous pain in jaw near ears since then. Serious?

Hi Doctor, I just fell from a high chair and knock the back of my head. I was on my back on the floor for a couple of minutes. Immediately I felt pain in my ears and there was a bump on the back of my head. I took some ice and pack on the bump and the places that hurt like my jaw and my ears. It happened an hour ago. Since then I took my bath and I still pain in my jaw near the ears. Did I hurt myself badly on the inside?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  373
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagicForum

Hi..Cyndiblue.., since there was no bleeding from the ears, or decreased hearing in the affected ear, there is no chances of major problem.., the symptoms of pain will subside by 3 to 4 days..
if you feel dizziness, decreased sound, then you can consult ENT specialist..

Take care..
Answered: Wed, 26 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor