Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Hit on the ankle, pain, swelling spread to fair portion of foot, slight discoloration. Is it safe to fly?

Hi... I was at a golf driving range today and somehow accidentally hit a golf ball off my ankle. It hurts as expected, and the swelling area has already spread to a fair portion of my foot and a couple inches up my leg. Some of the swelling is discolored. I can walk on it but I can definitely feel pain as I do. I have to get on a plane from Missouri to California tomorrow (roughly 24 hours after incident) and I won t have time to get to a doctor before the flight. I was hoping to find out if this is normal, if I ll be safe to fly, and if I should take any precautions on/before the flight. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
u can take an painkiller if ur gettin pain and elastic bandage to wear
get a xray of ankle joint as soon as possible,then consult to an orthopedician with xray
Answered: Thu, 6 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor