Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Hit on leg, swollen and bruised. Need some home treatment?

Hi...My husband, 59 (paraplegic), fell on stairs 6 days ago, rgt leg folded bk under him. His leg remains very swollen and bruised (no he did not do ice right away), the only Tx. has been NSAIDS. Refuses to go to ED for Rads, wants to do home remedy. i ve suggested Rest, Ice, Compression & Elevation; perhaps after this ammt. time heat would be warranted? He walks w/ crutches and continues to go towork each day (desk job, of course). Help, what s a girl to do w/ her stubborn man?
Tue, 1 Apr 2014
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
In anyone with a neurological problem with a swollen bruised limb after an injury we would be concerned about a broken bone / fracture as the symptoms are often masked by the neurological problem. I would encourage your husband to seek medical attention so that he can have an X-ray of the swollen bruised part of his leg. Otherwise you are doing all of the right things. I would not add heat.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor