Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Hit on calf. Muscle swollen, hard to walk. Kept elevated, icing. Suggestion to speed healing?

My son was kicked in the side of his shin, next to his shinguard at a soccer game yesterday. His calf is swollen and he is having a hard time walking. He is supposed to run in his city track meet on Thursday, anything we can do to speed the heeling? How long should he stay off his leg?

He is elevating and icing regularly. There is no visible bruising yet.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  105
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The injury that you sustained has caused a hematoma in the area. In addition to the measures that you are already taking, you need to avoid weight bearing on the leg and use a crepe bandage for early recovery.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Sat, 22 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor