Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Hit on Chest. Hurts when coughed. No fractures.Fluid in the right lung.What this could be?

I went to emergency as my longboard hit my chest on the right side. My blood pressure dropped and I was in a lot of pain 3 hours after the accident. It hurts when I cough or laugh and I am finding movement difficult raising my right arm and bending over. I am 46 and in good health and fit.
Chest X ray showed no fractures, but the doctor did point out a little fluid on the bottom of my right lung. I was not told to follow up. It has been three days now and I cannot surf or do any activity too painful.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome at HCM.

It looks that you may have soft tissue injury at your chest.This may hurt with every hard movement like coughing or laughing.

You should take a good analgesic like advil or aleeve,do warm fomentation at affected area.This may take about 2-3 weeks .

Hope this will help you.

With best wishes.
Answered: Sat, 22 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor