Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Hit in the shin while playing, swelling and lump. Applied ice pack. Blood near ankle and heel. Need to visit physician?

Last thursday I was hit in the shin with a line drive playing softball. It stung a little and I walked it off and kept playing. On my way home I noticed swelling and a lump. and it was a little sore to walk on that night and the next day. I iced it and kept it elevated. The next day bruising formed about the size of the softball around the lump with the golf ball sized lump in the center. The center is painful to push on but almost feels numb just to surface touch. Today (5 days later) the swelling of the lump has gone down some but the bruising has spread and there is even some pooling of blood near my ankle and heel, it is not painful to walk, but a little sensitive if it gets jolted by running or jumping too much. Should I see a physician for this? Im a 33yr old F with no medical history, and Im not on any medications . I am a runner, and enjoy going to the gym, eating healthy, and participating in sports.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  303
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
There is no harm in showing it to a orthopaedic surgeon and get it checked.I would suggest you to get X ray to check if there is any bony injury
Apply ice and Diclofenec ointment to ankle joint
Apply compression bandage and keep it elevated over pillow.
Answered: Sun, 30 Mar 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor