Thanks for asking.
What we are supposed to watch out AFTER a head injury
1. Altered sensorium(any change in the level consciousness) soon after the head injury
2. Focal or generalized fits
3. Bleeding or Discharge from Ear or nose
5. Inability to use a body part say, weakness of a limb
6. Any visual problems, such as blurring of vision or double vision
7. New deafness in one or both ears.
8. Unusual breathing patterns
If any of the above mentioned symptoms are seen post-head trauma
, we shall have to suspect an internal bleeding
(Which shall compress the brain structures) and seek Medical attention immediately.
As for you concerned since there was a small period of disorientation
, I advice to consult a Neurosurgeon immediately for doing a MRI Scan of the brain to rule out any internal bleeding.