Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Hit by scissor on eye in childhood. Currently, eye turning blue. Wearing spectacles. Have power. Solution?

Hello Doctor, I m 22 year old girl..When i was 4 years old, my eye had been hit by scissor.. Cataract surgery has been done.Small lens has been fixed permanently inside my eye on the pupil part. But that injured mark is still there in cornea .Due to calcium deposition eye is turning to blue color from black..I put dorzox, alphagon p, genteal, refresh gel drops daily.. And i also wear specks always. I want to get rid of specks but due to that eye mark I m not able to get rid of specks. Just -1.5 power is der in my left eye and -3 power is der in my right eye with cylindrical. Is there any solution for this?? Can i have a permanent lens fixed on my right cornea??? or Laser surgery is possible for my eyes???
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Well, you can use contact lens instead of glasses for 10hrs of the day and rest the glasses. Customize the contact lens to hide the corneal opacity.
Laser is not advisable when your cornea has been jeopardised once already.
Answered: Sat, 13 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor