Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Hit abdomen, testis in accident, pain. Any medicine to cure the pain?

Hi Few days back when i am driving my two wheeler, unfortunately to avoid a minor accident, i made my two wheeler to hit the divider. But, during that time two Wheeler s oil tank was hitten on my abdomen and testis. I am getting pain on abdomen and some times in testis. But, the pain is bearable. Any suggested medicine to cure the pain?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It seams like a pain is their for longer then an hour, right?

Here lay a strong possibility of blunt abdominal and testicular trauma/injury based on the description of the event and you have not mentioned any laceration (cuts) on body parts.
BLUNT TRAUMA - can lead to a collection of blood pooling inside the organ known as "hematoma", it may not be visible by naked eyes but may be hidden deeply ( the shock wave can create an tiny blood vessels to rupture leading a loss on blood internally in the organ but the cover of the organ will mostly enclosed it so it will not come out but will stay their) eventually it will be healed by absorption and macrophages(blood cell) will engulf the hardened dark blood but will take a long time to regress.

Please take an medical attention, and reasons of it are as follows
1) the pain still their.
2) testis are involved and may lead to permanent infertility.
3) issues with some systemic injuries not visible (colon, bladder) may be involved.
4) pelvic bone(hip bone) fracture in very rare case mostly (hair line crack due to impact)

Here is what they will mostly do
1) do the ultrasound of the abdomen and testis so they can detect any hematoma,
2) may need a pelvic -x-ray to find out any fractures are present and may cause issue later in life
3) And follow up the guidance by the physician, with required pain medication and required antibiotics if needed to prevent issue of infection.

Please get ultrasound at least .
hope it helps.

Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Mohammed Kappan's  Response

Thanks for the query.

I understand your concern. The pain you have mentioned is mainly due to the trauma. It may take a few days time to get it completely relieved. You can use mild analgesics (Pain killers) such as Tab. Calpol 650mg, 3 times daily, to reduce the pain.

Drive safe!!

Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor