Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

History of surgery on vertebrae D4 for TB. Now positive PPD test. Meaning?

Hello, I have been diagnosed TB 4 years ago and i undergone surgery on vertebrae D4 which was infected by the disease and i took the whole treatment for nearly a year till my Doctor to stop then one year back the implant was removed i been doing just fine since then but a week back i did PPD test and it come back highly positive does that mean the disease is back again .
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Diabetologist 's  Response

Tuberculin Skin test has low specificity.

So it shows high false positivity.

It only indicates that the person is exposed to the infection.

Persons who received BCG injection, people exposed to the infection in the past may also show false positivity.

But you need to clinically and investigation vise correlate with the finding.

Consult your doctor.
Answered: Sun, 7 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor