Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

History of stomach pains. Have swollen lump in lower rib cage. Connected to ulcer?

6 years ago I had extremely intense stomach pains and went to see my GP who said it could be an ulcer . He was less than sympathetic and despite my obvious pain, and didn t give me too great an explanation and didn t ask me or refer me for any tests. He did give me a months worth of antacids and gavaston which helped and after a week I felt much better. Now 6 years on if I have still had symptoms but never as bad as that initial first time. My symptoms are now bad if I ve had a particularly heavy night where I ve drank/smoked/caffeinated too much. I get a strange pain, almost like a swollen lump that feels tender to the left of my lower rib age. This doesn t happen often as I m a bit to old for partying but occasionally stress seems to agitate it too. Is this still connected to my suspected ulcer from years ago? Thanks in advance :)
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  75
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, as you suspect it must be the recurrence of the ulcer, other causes could be pancriatitis, amoebic colitis,kidney infection, or stone in the kidney or upper ureter . The responce to the treatment suggests it must be the ulcer.
I advise you to consult a gastroenterologist for diagnosis and treatment. Thank you.
Answered: Tue, 6 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor