Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

History of prolapsed disc. Have arthritis, leg pain and numbness. How to help movement without surgery?

my wife had a prolapsed disc aprox 8 years ago, she is now left with arthirtes and very bad pain, nerve damage, loss of felling in lower right leg. We was told that after 18 months after an op what ever pain she in still in that is as good as it is going to be, we think that when she had the op after cutting the bone above and below and cutting out the piece of disc they fused the two bones together? My wife is now unable to walk without having to use a stick or if it is to far then she is in a wheelchair, is there anything that can be done for her to help with her movement without more surgery?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General Surgeon 's  Response

Thank you for the query.

In some cases such symptoms can be eased with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxing medicines along with rehabilitation. But this can be done with herniations which does not compress the spine or compresses only a little. You can ask your doctor about Diclophenac and Tetrazepam treatment, however surgery might be the only solutions.

Hope this will help.
Answered: Mon, 14 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor