History of neck surgery. Pain in shoulder blade. Have ulnar nerve damage. Causing pain?

I have had 2 neck surgeries. The 1st one was back in 2009 (anterior) to fuse 4 discs. The 2nd was a refusion of c6/7 (posterior). I have been in severe pain since. Stabbing shoulder blade pain into the neck, down the arm into the elbow, down the forearm and into the pinky and ring fingers. I have been diagnosed with Ulner nerve damage. Could this be the reason for the SEVERE stabbing pain in the inside of my shoulder blade? I've been told I need surgery. What type of surgery am I looking at and will it take this horrible pain from my shoulder/neck? I'm beyond frustrated and live on pain meds....they barely touch the pain at all. I see an orthopedic surgeon, but would like to get others opinions on this as well.
Tue, 25 Jun 2013