Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

History of miscarriage, trying to conceive. Any suggestions?

I am a 28 year old with two children and I want to become pregnant again me and my husband have been trying for about 1 year six month I have been getting my period every month, about two years ago I had a miscarriage , since than we had no luck, I am not sure if I am even ovulating…. Any suggestions i have also tried following the ovulation time table with no luck
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM

Since, you have had two children, the possibility of infertility is ruled out in your case.
Inability to conceive even after staying together for over an year and following the ovulation calender definitely requires further work up.
Firstly it is imporatnt to know the functioning of the endometrium. So, you need to get an endometrial biopsy done wherein a piece of endometrium is taken and examined under the microscope to look for the phase any dysfunction. The endometrial biopsy is taken during the second half of the menstrual phase.
Secondily, get a follicular tract done. This investigation will allow the examiner to see the development of follicles on different days of the ovulation cycle.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal
Answered: Sat, 3 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor