Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

History of miscarriage. Low blood platelet count. Large spleen. Reasons?

hey my sister had 3 miscarraige..and her blood platlets count very low.its 50 k only... after all check up ,her spleen came large... i wanted to know is this the reasons for her miscarraige.. what should she do for baby... she is 30 yrs old 60 kg ..she is under the treatment doctor is suggesting for liver byopsis ... she is very scared of all this thing ...she has done all other test...blood ,harmones test ...
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
However there are numerous diseases develops enlargement of spleen.
In this case as miscarriage associated along depletion of platelets.
May be due to ,
hereditary spherocytosis or thalassemia syndromes, that require removal of large number of defective red blood cells.
immune hyperplasia in response to systemic infection ( infectious mononucleosis , subacute bacterial endocarditis.
Immunological disease as IMMUNE THROMBOCYTOPENIA ( DEPLETION OF PLATELETS), Systemic lupus erythromatosis.
In this way complete blood picture with complete history of illness is very important .
Consult a hemaetologist and get his opinion along Gynaecologist.
Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 9 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

General & Family Physician Dr. Manjeth Kumar G's  Response
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
1. History of frequent miscarriage
2. Decreased platelet count.
3. Splenomegaly.

these features suggest she may have syndrome called antiphospholipid antibody syndrome.

Please check her anticardiolipin, Lupus anticoagulant and Beta-2 glycoprotein I (B2GPI) antibodies titre.

She may need low dose heparin or aspirin in future during her pregnancy.
She is at risk of deep vein thrombosis.

Please consult rheumatologist.

Take care.
Hope this helps.

Answered: Fri, 9 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor