Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

History of miscarriage. Heat rash on face, itching when eating spicy food. What is the trigger?

Afternoon Doc, I am a 25 year old Lady, who weighs around 75kg s and height is 1.63Metres, In December (21st) I suffered a Misscarriage with my 1st baby and i was 4-5 weeks at the time. since then i have been experiencing what looks like heat rash on my face which gets extremely itchy when ive eaten certain spicy foods, or products containing dairy. Im very concerned as this affects my daily life and my face now rejects all the face products ive used prior the misscarriag. What could possibly be triggering such a reaction based on my History? Kindly Assist. K.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
From the history it seems you suffer from urticaria. This means allergy which could be due to your miscarriage which again is due to imbalance of hormones due to mis carriage.
You need to take antihistamines regularly like levo cetrizine or anything else which suits you. This will be decided by your doctor. I can only assure you that it is only transitory and you need not worry about it. If it continues beyond two or three months you need to undergo a battery of tests suggested by your dermatologist.
good day
Answered: Sun, 10 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor