Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

History of lower back pain and disc herniation. Taking Ibuprofen. Need help

history of lower back pain . earlier was disc herniation. good days and bad days ever since. 41 years old. plumber. own business. usually get by with ibuprofin 800. one a day when its a bad day. this bad day has lasted almost 3 weeks. i bounce back quicker than this. have some meds that were prescribed at different times. wondering if any will help short term. Naproxen , cyclobenzaprine , cephalexin .
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain in the back due to disc prolapse needs oral muscle relaxants like chlorzoxazone for full relief. In addition, proper bed rest, hot fomentation in the affected area and application of local analgesic gel is recommended.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Mon, 11 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor