HELLO THIS IS DR ARPAN ,
YOUR FATHER IS HAVING SEIZURE DISORDER
The prescription by your neurologist
is right. But it is not always necessory to continue it for life.
If the fits
are controlled on above doses, you can stop the drug under the guidance and followup of your doctor after a fit free period of 2 years or more.
Measures to stop recurrence
- avoid sleep deprivation
- long hours exposure to bright light
- avoid any substance abuse
(if any present)
- avoid exteme emotional stress
- continue tab prescribed with good compliance,
For his own safty -
- avoid driving car or two wheelers or any large machine which can harm others .