Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

History of ectopic pregnancy. Want to get ultrasound done for remaining tube. What should I do?

I previously had an ectopic pregnancy in my right fallopian tube , which resulted in the loss of it. My current obgyn won t do an ultrasound at my firstappointment which is tomorrow, I don t want to wait to long and lose my last chance of having children, as in my left fallopian tube. I can t get another appointment anywhere in town this week, what should I do? Go to the emergency room?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

You can always insist on your doctor to do the ultrasound as your current pregnancy is precious. Please speak to your doctor openly and let her know that you wish to get one done.

She should be able to help you.

Going to the ER is also a good option. But, the ultrasound would not be done if there are no symptoms or when it is not necessary.

Hope this helps. All the best.

Answered: Fri, 9 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor