Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

History of ectopic pregnancy. Variable pregnancy tests. Can ectopic pregnancy resolve itself?

Hi I have had two positive home pregnancy tests and now a negative blood test today. the nurse worked my dates to be 5 days pregnant. I have had a previous ectopic pregnancy and am worried that this is happening again however my bloods showed a level of 3 on hcg test today. Can an ectopic pregnancy resolve itself or is there a possibility that I am still pregnant?
Asked On : Sat, 18 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi Donnelly.

Thank you for putting up your problem to Healcare Magic!
Tubal pregnancy can regress by itself.
But urine pregnancy test are frequently false positive also.
Serum beta-HCG are more specific and levels less than 5 effectively rule out the possibility of a pregnancy.
So you are not pregnant, you can relax.
I hope this information would be both informative and helpful for you
Answered: Fri, 24 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor