Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

History of cystic acne. Small hole produces puss, foul smell. How to get rid of them?

I have a history of cystic acne. There is a small hole that produces a small amount a puss and it has a foul smell. Very small amount though. I have a few of these on my body but the one on my chest is the only one that smells. One on my collar bone, a few on my groin area right below the belt line but above the penis. All are near scarring left by the cystic acne. Any idea of why only one smells and how to get rid of them? They are more of a Nuisance than anything.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  25
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query,

Cystic acne when infected can give rise to foul smell.

You need treatment with antibiotics.

Another treatment option is use of retinoids.

Please meet a dermatologist for exact diagnosis and discuss regarding retinoids.

Let me know if you have any other doubt.

you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Thu, 17 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor