Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

History of asthma. Difficulty breathing, tiredness. Help

hi i have a question.. i had asthma when i was still a child it disappeared when i turned 7 yrs. old. i think i got this ailment from my father s side, my grandma had asthma and it was pretty bad. i am a premature baby, my mom gave birth to me on my seventh month on her tummy. i am fourteen years old now and i sort of kinda feel like somethings wrong with my breathing . i am usually a hyper person but my breathing is okay but now i get tired and i always feel like my lungs were heavy and sometimes it hurt. i m not telling to my parents about this because i think its not right, i m afraid they would just think that i m lying or something else... thank you and please answer
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pulmonologist 's  Response
your asthma seems uncontrolled. kindly visit a pulmonologist to have a simple test done called spirometry, which is a just non-invasive breathing test, both pre and post bronchodilator. A reversibility of 12% and 200ml suggests asthma. accordingly you will be prescribed inhalers and will get relief in no will additionally need antihistamines and intranasal steroid spray if you have concomitant symptoms of allergic rhinitis which is common in asthmatics.
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pulmonologist Dr. Jabeed P's  Response
Hello Kristina ,

You have written that you feel tired and heaviness in chest.

As you had Asthma that was relieved at around 7 years of age, there is a definite chance of asthma coming back at 14 years of age.

This can be assessed by pulmonary function test ( PFT ).

Other possibilities in your age are Anaemia ( low haemoglobin in blood) and heart disease.

These can be evaluated with Haemoglobin estimation and Echocardiography.

Your family physician would guide you further on this issue.

Do talk to your parents on these issues
Answered: Thu, 28 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor