Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Hip pain, x-ray showed elapsed disk, numbness in knee, cannnot walk

dear doctor my problem is that for one month now i have been feeling a very sever pain in my left side hip,i went to three doctors and did an x ray and they said that i have an elaps disk no medication seems to help and now im feeling the back of my muscle behind my knee starting to feel numb please help i can hardly walk.
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
1. Pain in left side of hip, progressing to numbness and difficulty in walking warrants a thorough physical examination by an orthopaedic +/- neurosurgeon consultation,
2. It is most probably a intervertebral disc prolapse compressing the nerve roots,
3. MRI scan of lumbo-sacral region to rule-out IVDP / Sacroiliitis will help us guide on further management,
4. Resting on hard bed will help you decrease the pain.
Answered: Wed, 9 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor