Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Hip injured. Bruise, pain comes and goes with lump. Any cure?

Hello I m. a 49 yld male and a plant worker. Ten years ago I. Was walking and not paying attention to whete i was walking and ran into a Valve Stem. And hit my hip. After a bruse the psin went away but thru the years when I over work like climbing or using stairs it would come and go with a lump. I just finished s turnaround at work month ago and the pain comes and goes at the lump and down my thy about three inches More like a soreness pain.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dear user, history of injury long back and dull chronic pain (soreness) at the same site after so many years suggest the possibility secondary osteoarthritis of hip joint. However complete diagnostic work-up like imaging(x-ray or CT) or arthroscopy is required for confirmation. So kindly consult a good ortho-surgeon.
Treatment option range from - physiotherapy, exercise, weight loss, topical (surface) application of pain-relieving ointments to surgical measures like arthroplasty and joint fixation depending upon the severity of symptoms.
Even though some doctors prescribe oral pain killers but their long term use is not recommended due to complications like stomach ulcers and kidney damage.
So please consult an ortho-surgeon.
Take care
Answered: Sat, 20 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.
Lump which comes after exertion and disappears after rest seems to be due to muscle spasm.Doing stretching exercises.doing hot fomatation and applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful.If it persist , get it evaluated by your doctor for thorough examination and appropriate treatment according to that.
Hope this will helps you. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.
Answered: Sat, 20 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor