Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Hip flexor injury. Should I get X-ray, MRI done, treatment?

Hip flexor injury: I have a lingering hip flexor injury that I cannot shake, and would like to be advised on the course of action I should take. I played indoor soccer, with weekly games during the summer. My hip was extremely sore after games for several days. By the time I started feeling better and not walking with a limp, I’d have another game. I would have take then season off, but we were short on players. I know the best thing for a hip flexor strain is rest. I did have 3 weeks in between games, and it still did not get better. My question is, should I see a doctor for x-rays/ MRI to see the severity of it, or just take a season off and rehab myself. Also, what type of doctor should I see? What is the worst case scenario of a strain, and would surgery be involved? Thanks, Kevin
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  184
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Sports Medicine Specialist 's  Response
you should make physitherapy sessions (strengthening ex_stretching ex_electro therapy)with physiotherapist on lower limb with medication under orthopaedic specialist first and then ask about surgery after that
Answered: Wed, 19 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor