Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Hip bone hit after accident. Sharp electric shock feeling while changing postures. How to cure?

Hi Doctor, Last week I had an accident and I fell on my right hip bone . It was a painful incident, howerver, I did not injured my bone or muscle that s what my x-ray and mri reports say. The pain in the bone is getting reduced gradually but, I am getting a sharp electric shock feel in my lower hip area whenever I am changing posture . It lasts for few seconds and then I feel a burning sensation for a longer time. I am really worried what could be the real problem and when shall i get cured. Please suggest. Regards, Satyansu
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I went through your problem. You have clearly stated that X-Ray and MRI ruled out injury to bone and muscles and the bone pain is gradually getting reduced.
Now you have pain while changing the posture. Changing posture involves lumbar spines. Did you take MRI lumbar spines. If not take MRI lumbar spines.
If already taken and there is no problem in the lumbar spines, then what you need are
1) Absolute rest
2) Pain killers
3) Muscle relaxant
4) Local analgesic and anti inflammatory gel/cream application
Even with this pain is not relieved Traction may cure you.
Best wishes
Answered: Fri, 19 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

From the description, Your symptoms of electrical shock sensation is due to IRRITATION OF NERVE ROOT possibly due to the pressure exerted on it while changing postures.

As it is not present continuously, its not a matter of concern. I think it should resolve spontaneously with time. The only way to get rid of the symptoms is to avoid those positions causing you the shock like feel.

If you are still concerned, consult a neurophysician for further management.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Fri, 19 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor