Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

High triglyceride levels. Takes alcohol. Lumps on the ribs, arm and stomach. Any suggestions?

I am 43 years old,my problem is that my triglycerides is shooting very high, in spite of the fact , that I was not using non-veg for the past two months, basically I am involved in administrative work, hence need to sit for longer hours, exercise minimum. Right now my triglycerides is 437. earlier it used to be ,379, 248, 199 etc... one of my friend suggested me to take a peg of liquor everyday, but neither I smoke nor i am in the habbit of taking liquor, my entire intake of liquor per year is five to seven bottles of beer . I also have nodule kind lumps on my ribs, arm and allover the belly, these are there for almost past six to eight years
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  55
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear Sir
thanks for writing to
you must not take alcohol if you have high triglyceride levels. best treatment for this much of triglyceride levels is life style modification. it includes optimization of weight, decrease intake of cereals and saturated fats, regular exercise, avoiding alcohol and foods with high glycemic index. a myth related to lipids is that for every kind of dyslipedemia you start avoiding fats and shift to carbohydrates. it is not true for triglycerides which increase more with carbohydrate rich diet rather than diet with more of unsaturated fats.
what are other parameters in your lipid profile. they are more important in determination of future risk and treatment. if you ever had a bout of pancreatitis?
for nodules, you must see your physician but at levels of triglyceride mentioned by you , they are unlikely to be directly related to it.
Answered: Thu, 4 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor